Thursday, May 8, 2008

The grass is always greener

When I'm stuck in the rut of daily routine, I itch to do something different, go someplace else, do atypical things. And then I get my wishes. And then I get cranky, wishing for the familiar.

The unfamiliar has its advantages, though. Familiarity breeds contempt. If I lived in Chicago, I probably wouldn't find the sight of tulip beds in the medians of busy streets and at bus stops the least bit interesting.

And if I lived in another big city, chances are I could walk by an oasis like this 9/11 memorial park without a second thought.

And a sight like this might even bore me.
Being a tourist has its perks. I mean, I even got my annual sunburn early this year. But I haven't had a decent cup of coffee in about a week. Tomorrow, tomorrow.

1 comment:

Foxfire said...

I LOVE the first pic. OMG! That one needs to be printed and framed!