Monday, August 4, 2008

SS: Do I have to?

Winter is my favorite season, 9 months out of the year, and especially in the months of July and August. This summer weather (upper 90s and 100 degree weather with a higher heat index and high humidity) is making my list of "Do I have to"s much longer than it otherwise would have been.

It reads something like this:
  • Do I have to go out of the house? It's hot, and my car's A/C is, um, less than cool right now, unless I'm on the highway, or you know, if Saturn is in Venus's orbit during the waning moon or some such luck.
  • Do I have to get up in the morning? The humidity gives me a headache.
  • Do I have to deal with other people? The above two factors make this one cranky twit.
  • Oh god... my syllabus needs to be tweaked. Do I have to use my mental faculties to do this?
  • But really, do I need to do anything outside, anyway?
  • Sanity--fraying indoors. I apparently do need to go outside. But do I truly have to? (See first two bullet points.)
  • Do I really have to think about everything that needs to be done before the semester starts in two weeks?
  • Screw this all. I'm going to go take a catnap on the couch.
The air is oppressive, I swear. It settles heavy and thick around you, fogs up glasses if you step outside, and is not the least bit cool when a breeze stirs. It's turning my brains to mush, and I think it's that above everything else that bothers me.

----------------
Now playing: Bayside - A Synonym for Acquiesce
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I understand the feeling but for me it is winter. I want to hibernate as soon as it gets cold.

By the way, I agree with the Google comment. I like my pseudonymity too.

MeowGoddess said...

Thanks for stopping by.

I love catnaps on the couch. Tee hee!!!

As for listening to my own voice, it's a process, not a struggle. It's a muscle I keep on tending to until it is stronger and I hear it above else.

Thanks for your kind words.

Wishing you,
Peace & Love, Just Because,
Goddess Diana

Melody said...

I understand, kind of. Maybe not that kind of heat, I am a bit spoiled where I live. But I am sitting here sweating at my computer right now. I love Autumn, and can't wait for those cool crisp days. People think I'm crazy. Thank you for your encouragment on my first blog.