Friday, March 28, 2008

Multimedia Friday: Cormac McCarthy interview

One of the best books I read last year was Cormac McCarthy's The Road, followed in rapid succession by Blood Meridian. I read the latter upon recommendation from a friend and the former in spite of the dubious distinction of it being an Oprah book club pick.

Since then, I'm trying to read whatever McCarthy works I can get my hands on; currently, I'm working on Suttree.

McCarthy doesn't do too many interviews. One exception was an interview with Oprah. It was . . . good in some respects; you get a sense of some of his underlying philosophical and aesthetic ideas. And on the other hand, well, it appeared on Oprah. Some of the questions are asinine or downright obvious, but hey. Win some, lose some.

For this week's Multimedia Friday, I'm posting the first of the six videos someone was good enough to put up on Youtube so we snobs don't have to register with Oprah's site to view them. Enjoy.



And that's all I've got. I love that spring's finally here, but my allergies and sinuses sure don't.

No comments: