Friday, January 18, 2008

Multimedia Friday: Dropkick Murphys

Today's Multimedia Friday is directly attributable to PandoraFM, which I mentioned here. This week's been paydirt in terms of discovering new music and re-discovering favorites. I can categorize the finds in two broad genres: folk and punk.

I was initially going to share some of the folk stuff but ran into a problem: it's pretty darn difficult to find some of them on Youtube, at least, the songs I wanted to post. (I know, the concept of not being able to find something on Youtube? It's shattering my worldview and leaving me question everything else I've been taught.)

Which leaves punk. Hey, hey, don't go running off covering your ears. Compromise, OK? I won't spring anything too hardcore on you. How about some celtic punk? Punk with a bagpipe accompaniment? At least listen for novelty's sake. Without much ado, the Dropkick Murphys with a kickass blue-collar pride message in "The Workers' Song":

No comments: