Friday, July 11, 2008

Keeping busy

I may not be doing much as far as generating words goes lately, but I've been keeping busy in other ways, creating other things. I'm on (or was on) a recycling kick, and I was trying to reduce my stash.

People know I've been playing with "plarn" ("yarn" made of grocery bags) and as a result, I have become a bag lady of sorts--people give me bags of bags (to be made into bags, ironically), and the stash is getting out of hand. I just can't seem to say no, so plugging away at the crocheting seems to be the way to go. Lucky for me, I found a new project. Novelty helps with an attention span like mine. So does partaking of smaller projects--this one is only about 4" x 4". This one's a wee bit lumpy because I was toying with the pattern as I went. For future bags, I plan to toy with using bands of different color bags, or even a row worked with eyelash yarn for trim.

Still, even unadorned, it's pretty frickin' cute.
Pretty simple and straightforward. However, my out-of-control stash isn't all plastic--the yarn is getting out of hand, too. Most of the yarns have designated projects I haven't gotten to yet. Other yarns are scraps, though--partial skeins remaining after prjoects. Solution?

An even smaller project--rosettes! I've already made a bunch of these things, in different colors, textures and sizes. I figured they could be used as accessorie. Or gift bows.
I'm toying with other patterns for rosettes, but this one has been the best so far. I'm trying to figure out how to fasten them in a re-usable manner; this one is just tied on with a strand of yarn. In time, I'll figure it... assuming I haven't wandered off to a new project in the meantime.

No comments: