Monday, May 18, 2009

Summer goals

My New Year's resolutions are never really achievable. I do believe that my summer ones are, though.

  • Read voraciously, whatever I can get my hands on--fluff, substance, and book club books. I will have Sense and Sensibility read before the next meeting. Or, y'know, at least 2/3 of it.
  • As a subpoint to the above item, I shall try reading more of the books that have been gathering dust on my bookshelf. That way I can determine what's worth keeping and what can be sold back or passed on or Bookcrossed.
  • Work my yarn stash down. This means not purchasing new yarn willy-nilly, and furthermore, using up what I do have. I should be able to at least make a dent, I think. Also, I need to do more with the plastic bags people have given me to work with. Those things multiply in the closet, I swear.
  • Along the lines of using my craft supplies, hack up and make things with those old, half-felted thrift store sweaters.
  • Give more attention to learning how to knit.
  • Update ye olde blog more frequently, preferably with posts of substance.
  • Fuss with my syllabi for fall as well as working on handouts.
----------------
Now playing: The Shins - Caring Is Creepy
via FoxyTunes

No comments: